Five Things for Awesome Outings With Toddlers
Heading out with a toddler can be challenging at the best of times. Not only do you need to keep the little daredevils safe from danger, but you also need to keep them entertained. This can be tricky when they only have attention spans of a few minutes …or even seconds! It doesn’t seem right either to overload them with games and toys that are often expensive and get disregarded and added the the pile! Heading outdoors with kids should be about enjoying the environment and interacting with nature. It helps to remind them (and us!) that life can be pretty simple and really fun. It also helps them to use their imagination and get the cogs turning. These days kids are spoon fed far too much material from the TV and computer games. So much of their development is dependent on free-play and exploring the world.
We’ve put together a list of five, simple things you can take out with you and your toddler, that will not only help them connect with the outdoors and nature, but also entertain them for hours.
Five Things for Awesome Outings With Toddlers:
- Bubbles – bubbles are like magic to kids. They get them running and laughing and create an atmosphere of fun and excitement. They’re also a great ice-breaker as any other kids in the vicinity will come running to play.
- Chalk – kids love drawing and there’s something really fun about finding a blank bit of concrete and making your mark. This is great for their imagination and keeps them entertained for ages.
- Kite – another magical tool for your outdoor outings! It’s a great way for kids to learn about the wind and improve their hand-eye coordination.
- Gum Boots – gum boots are a wonderful way to get kids in the mood for exploring. They can get dirty and explore puddles and mud and all sorts of things they generally aren’t allowed to!
- Outdoor cricket set – not only is this a great way to get some exercise, it’s another social tool that can be used to get all the kids playing together. It’s great for hand eye coordination too.