Let’s Help Each Other
Giving Makes us all Stronger
Here at Glorious we believe that looking after each other and our planet is vital to our health and happiness. Many of us are experiencing very difficult times right now. It’s been a tough year for most of us. Now more than ever we need to help each other where we can. It doesn’t need to be financial help – it can be giving your time and energy to someone else that needs it.
Here are a few ideas on how we can help each other through this tough time:
- Offering help to an elderly neighbour – they may benefit from you taking out their rubbish each week, or picking up a few things from the supermarket or chemist for them.
- Mindfully listening to a friend that is going through a rough patch. You don’t need to solve their problems, but you can truly listen and make them feel heard.
- Offering help to any single parents you may know. You could offer to drop off their kids to school once in a while, or make them a meal they can pop in the freezer.
- Clearing out unused toys, furniture and appliances and offering them to someone who may be grateful to have them.
- Getting a bunch of coffees and dropping them off to your local fire department or ambulance station.
Some charities to consider if you’d like to donate, or volunteer:
Every small act of giving makes a difference. When all those small acts combine, we are left with a stronger, healthier community and world.